The Witt Moderation Act Mar 4, 2019 20:10:53 GMT -6
Post by Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on Mar 4, 2019 20:10:53 GMT -6
The Witt Moderation Act
Whereas a lot of Talossa-doing happens on Witt, and it is often the public face of our country, and
Whereas Witt is an internet forum, and while Talossans are the most extraordinary people on the Earth, sometimes things can get out of hand, and we do need a small group of people empowered to bring it back in hand, and
Whereas it remains private property, and so the best path forward is one that is cooperative and pragmatic, and
Whereas it's probably no longer a good idea to split up the increasingly-quiet Witt into other boards, and
Whereas basically we just want pretty obvious and common-sense moderation, but done under the rule of law
Therefore the Ziu hereby requires that the Seneschal of the Kingdom of Talossa, or his appointed delegate, negotiate an agreement with His Majesty the King to establish a process whereby crudeness, spam, doxxing, trolling, and other unacceptable behavior may be managed on Wittenberg in a timely and decisive manner and with recourse to judicial appeal. This agreement shall take a form which can be jointly agreed-upon by the Ziu and the King, and will include the following principles:
- Some form of popular approval of moderators, typically by allowing institutions with dedicated boards to select their own.
- Some manner of appeal to the courts in case of wrongful moderation.
- A clear set of principles which all Talossans shall obey while using Witt
- Amendments to the agreement shall require joint agreement by both parties.
- We don't want to institute weird new bureaucracies or anything too baroque, so keep it short and simple.
Furthermore, Title J of el Lexhatx shall be deleted and none of its provisions shall be in effect.